Heart of Florida United Way’s Women United Impact Group continues to prove that there is so much we can do when we come together.
To keep up the momentum, on Wednesday, May 24, 2023, Heart of Florida United Way (HFUW) hosted our exclusive annual celebration, amply named Reignite with Women United, at the Center for Health and Wellbeing.
Women+ leaders across Central Florida came together to refocus, refresh, recharge, rewind, rebuild, and more! Throughout this uplifting event, women+ enjoyed engaging action stations, including:
- Refresh: RTW Photography helped these women feel refreshed with a new headshot photo.
- Recharge: AdventHealth for Children shared how we can Be a Mindleader in our community.
- Rewrite: Women United member Sheena Jackson helped attendees practice their elevator pitch.
- Retail: The Kendra Scott jewelry station provided a stylish way to continue giving back.
- Rebuild: A fun volunteer activity to support our annual Community Baby Shower.
- Re-engage: Led by HFUW, attendees got a rundown of everything Women United!
- Regain: Learned how to regain our financial stability with Vystar Credit Union.
- Rewind: Relaxed with a 10-minute massage courtesy of Palm Therapy Massage.
- Reward: Enjoyed a visit to the Blo Blow Dry Bar.
Then, we heard remarks from OUC – The Reliable One’s Director of Marketing and Community Engagement and Women United Chair Lisa Curran, a message from Pediatric and Adolescent Psychiatrist at AdventHealth for Children Dr. Tina Gurnani about what it means to Be A Mindleader, and a keynote message from the new Market President & Publisher of the Orlando Business Journal, Anne-Marie Hayward, on how to rebalance and refocus in both our personal and professional lives.
A special thank you to Natasha Myers, Account Executive at the Orlando Business Journal, for serving as the emcee for this event!
At the end of the event, we announced the winner of our event raffle for a $50 Marlow’s Tavern gift card – Erika Arroyo!
Thank you to everyone who joined to be reignited to continue making a difference in Central Florida!
What You Can Do
- Share this blog with your friends and colleagues so they can learn more about our Women United events.
- Join Women United to lead the charge and inspire the change for individuals and families in Central Florida.
- Follow Heart of Florida United Way’s Women United LinkedIn group to stay in the know on all things Women United.