As a precaution to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and for the protection of volunteers, clients and staff, VITA sites are temporarily closing on March 17 through March 31. VITA services in April will be re-evaluated at the end of March. Free self-preparation tax services are available through myfreetaxes.com or by visiting the IRS free file website at https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a free tax preparation service run by volunteers offered to families throughout Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties. Once filing season opens, our volunteers are available to help you file your taxes at a time and location convenient for you.
VITA offers free tax help to those who make $66,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers will provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing. We also provide other essential information, like special tax credits you may qualify for to maximize your tax refund. If you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), you can get over $6,000 back.
Click here to find the tax preparation sites closest to you.
- Valid photo ID
- Copy of your 2018 tax return, if available
- Social security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for you, your spouse and any children born before 12/31/2019
- Income documentation, including W-2 forms for all jobs held during 2019, and any 1099 forms showing other income for the year
- Bank account information (including routing and account numbers) or a blank check for direct deposit, if applicable
- Forms 1095 – A,B, and C Health Coverage Statement
For more information, dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211.