File Your Taxes for FREE with Heart of Florida United Way’s VITA Program!
Do you know someone who needs help filing their taxes for FREE?
Heart of Florida United Way’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a key community resource that offers free tax preparation service run by volunteers for individuals and families throughout Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties.
VITA offers free tax help to those who make $73,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their tax returns.
Benefits of Filing Your Taxes with VITA
- Volunteers are IRS-certified: Our volunteers are trained and certified annually by the IRS to accurately prepare our neighbors’ taxes.
- Save the dollars you earned: Our VITA volunteers want to help you save the dollars our community members earned by providing this service for FREE! Instead of paying to file their taxes, the dollars people save filing with VITA can go toward food, rent, and other basic needs.
- Take advantage of available tax credits: VITA also provides essential information to verify if you are eligible for any tax credits including the federal Earned Income Tax Credit to help maximize tax refunds.
- Virtual VITA sites are available: There is a virtual option available at select VITA sites where you can bring your tax documents to be scanned by a VITA volunteer. Then, our certified volunteer tax preparer will complete the return for you remotely and will contact you for a final review before filing.
Where are VITA sites located?
Click here for a complete list of VITA sites.
Many VITA sites offer tax assistance in multiple languages including English, Spanish, Creole, and American Sign Language.
If you have any questions about our VITA program, please contact Financial Stability Manager Tien Holmes at email@example.com.
What You Can Do
- Share this blog with a resident of Central Florida who needs help filing their taxes.
- Donate to Heart of Florida United Way, so we can continue to support families in Central Florida through our VITA program.
For more information on HFUW, subscribe to our e-newsletter, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.