Did you know that the national theme of Black History Month in 2023 was “Black Resistance?”
This theme highlights the history of how Black Americans #LiveUnited for racial equality. Black Resistance ensures that diverse voices and perspectives are welcomed to serve and strengthen communities.
That’s why this Black History Month, we shared the stories and experiences of those who have been moved by or a part of Black history.
Throughout the month, Heart of Florida United Way (HFUW) interviewed some of our employees and partners. We loved hearing about their experiences and how they impact our community – and we think you’ll love hearing about them, too!
Here is a list of individuals we spoke to:
- Annetta Wilson; President of Annetta Wilson Media Training & Success Coaching and HFUW Board Member.
- John F. Davis; Secretary of The Florida Lottery and HFUW Board Member.
- Tracey D. Powell; Vice President of Travel Services, Pricing & Revenue Management at The Walt Disney Company and HFUW Board Chair.
- Tadar Muhammad; Chief Development Officer at HFUW.
- Tién Holmes; Financial Stability Manager at HFUW.
- Graciela Noriega Jacoby; Chief Operating Officer at HFUW.
- Hope Newsome; Managing Partner at Virtus LLP and HFUW Board Member.
You can view their videos here. We hope you enjoy them!