Our Goal: Increase by 33% the number of youth and adults who are healthy and avoiding risky behaviors.
For a community to flourish, its members must be healthy. Because of this, Heart of Florida United Way strategically invests in programs that provide adults and children with access to health and wellness care.
We are focused on improving the health of children and families through partnerships that promote mental, physical and social well-being for all. This will be achieved by:
- Preventing Behaviors And Addressing Environments That Threaten The Health And Well-Being Of Children And Families.
- Promoting Behaviors And Environments That Enhance The Health And Well-Being Of Children And Families.
- Fostering Supportive Conditions At Home And In Our Community That Allows All Generations To Thrive Together.
- One of the programs we support is the Ryan White program which serves HIV/AIDS patients through Orange, Seminole, Osceola and Brevard Counties.
- Another program United Way offers is FamilyWize, a prescription medication discount card useable at your usual pharmacy.