Mission United unites our community and pre-existing programs to create a comprehensive system of care that positively impacts the lives of Veterans and their families in Central Florida.
By convening stakeholders and services, Mission United has created a centralized point of entry for Veterans and their families to access services. Through fostering an environment for collaboration and communication among community support networks, Mission United streamlines the navigation and service delivery in our community. Mission United is focused on creating systemic change in the areas of education, employment, and legal services for veterans.
Since the launch of Mission United in June 2015, thousands of veterans have contacted us through 211, our Information and Referral Helpline. Common areas for which Veterans seek help include:
- Upgrade of discharge status in order to obtain full VA benefits
- Family law, such as divorce, custody or child support
- Career advice and support services for sustainable
- Education access to achieve a post-secondary
- Affordable housing to provide a stable home
for their families
How You Can Help
By joining Mission United, you can support our Veterans through community partnerships, volunteerism, and advocacy. By making a contribution — either through a donation or volunteering your time — you can join Heart of Florida United Way in making a real difference in the lives of Central Florida’s Veterans.
Those who join Mission United will have access to exclusive benefits, including:
- Rewarding and inspiring Veterans-focused volunteer opportunities
- Access to special events, including networking events with other supports of Veterans
- Professional development opportunities
- And more!
If you would like more information about the program and getting involved, please complete this form.