Nonprofit Reimbursement Fund
Through a contractual partnership agreement with Orange County Government, Heart of Florida United Way (HFUW) will manage the nonprofit reimbursement fund to include collecting documentation from applicant organizations and issuing reimbursement payments.
The purpose of the Orange County CARES Nonprofit Reimbursement Fund is to provide social services nonprofit organizations in Orange County, Florida to recoup unexpected costs incurred due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic related to protective equipment (PPE, cleaning supplies, etc.), computer equipment and software (laptops, servers, hot spots, software, webcams, etc.), and/or cell phones/cell phones service.
The maximum reimbursement provided will be up to $5,000 per organization. Reimbursements will be issued first come/first served for applicable organizations that submit a completed online application and all required documentation.
- Only private, nonprofit health and human services entities recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt under 26 U.S.C. 501 and to which contributions are tax deductible pursuant to 26 U.S.C. 170(c)(2) can apply for reimbursement.
- Organizations must have been operational and providing services to Orange County residents as of January 1, 2020.
- Organizations must be physically located in and provide services to Orange County, Florida.
- Organizations must provide their tax exemption letter from the IRS, as well as proof of incorporated/recognized status in the State of Florida as a nonprofit organization.
- Organizations must submit receipts and documentation demonstrating the need for reimbursement.
- Political organizations and organizations that do not provide health and human services to citizens of Orange County will not be eligible.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to have an updated and reviewed profile on the Central Florida Foundation’s Nonprofit Search (https://www.nonprofit-search.org/index.php).
Reimbursement Request Process
Reimbursement will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis, however considerations will be given to ensure coverage across Orange County’s six districts.
Eligible expenses include:
- Protective Equipment (PPE, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Computer Equipment & Software (laptops, servers, hot spots, software, webcams, etc.)
- Cell Phones & Cell Phone Service
HFUW will use an online system to collect the reimbursement application as well as any required documentation. The online application will include:
- The organization’s physical and mailing address and Orange County zip codes/communities served;
- A brief description of the demographics of clients served by the organization; and,
- A narrative that describes the impacts of the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic on the agency that has resulted in the purchase of protective equipment (PPE, cleaning supplies, etc.).
The online application can be accessed by selecting this link.
Applicants must upload the following documentation with the completed online application:
- Proof of incorporated/recognized status in the State of Florida as a nonprofit organization;
- Proof of tax exempt status under Internal Revenue Code 26 U.S.C. 501;
- 2020 Patriot Act Form;
- Receipts for incurred expenses for protective equipment (PPE, cleaning supplies, etc.) purchased during the period of March 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020;
- Authorization Agreement for Automatic Deposits; and,
- Voided check.
The following timeline is subject to change.
|Date||Process Action Item|
|September 28, 2020||Reimbursement Opportunity Announced; Application Opens|
|October 19, 2020||Application & Required Documents Due Online|
|October 20, 2020||Submitted Applications Reviewed|
|Week of Nov. 16, 2020||Applicants Notified; Reimbursement Checks Processed & Mailed|
Please be advised: Reimbursement applications will be processed on a first come, first serve basis for those organizations that have fully completed this application and provided all required attachments and documentation.
If you have any questions, please email Courtney Charland, Strategic Impact Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.