EMERGENCY FOOD & SHELTER NATIONAL BOARD PROGRAM (EFSP)
THE EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER NATIONAL BOARD PROGRAM (EFSP)
Orange, Seminole, and Osceola Counties have been chosen to receive $569,158, $193,881, & $148,268 respectively to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county. The selection was made by a National Board that is chaired by the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency and consists of representatives from American Red Cross; Catholic Charities, USA; National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA; The Jewish Federations of North America, The Salvation Army; and, United Way Worldwide. The Local Boards are charged to distribute funds appropriated by Congress to help expand the capacity of food and shelter programs in high-need areas around the country.
The Local Boards are made up of different community representative, who will determine how the funds awarded to these counties will be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in the area. The Local Boards are responsible for recommending agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds made available under this phase of the program.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
- Be nonprofit or an agency of government;
- Not be debarred or suspended from receiving Federal funding;
- Have a checking account. (Cash payments are not allowed);
- Have an accounting system or fiscal agent approved by the Local Board;
- Have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number issued by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) and provide along with other required associated information
- Conduct an independent annual audit if receiving $100,000 or more in EFSP funds; conduct an annual accountant’s review if receiving $50,000 to $99,999 in EFSP funds.
- Conduct annual audit, if expending $750,000 or more in Federal funds, in compliance with the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards at 2 CFR 200 of the Office of Management and Budget;
- Be providing services and using its other resources in the area in which they are seeking funding and must not charge a fee to clients;
- Practice nondiscrimination (those agencies with a religious affiliation wishing to participate in the program must not refuse services to an applicant based on religion or require attendance at religious services as a condition of assistance, nor will such groups engage in any religious proselytizing in any program receiving EFSP funds;
- Have a voluntary board if private, not-for-profit; and,
- To the extent practicable, involve homeless individuals and families, through employment, volunteer programs, etc., in providing emergency food and shelter services.
|Phase 30||Phase 31||Phase 32||Phase 33||Phase 34|
Please make sure that the instructions are followed very carefully and that your application provides the necessary information – in a clear and concise manner, so that the boards are able to make the best decision possible with these limited funds. See historical comparison of prior awards below:
****APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 by 4:30 pm****
Submit one (1) original application with all requested attachments for each applicable county by 4:30pm on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 to:
Heart of Florida United Way, 1940 Traylor Blvd., Orlando, FL 32804
Additionally, email a signed copy of application with ALL attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below to download the application for the county for which you wish to submit an application. If you wish to submit an application for multiple, counties, you will need to submit a separate application for each.
Application Process Documents (click on links below):
EFSP Phase 34 for Seminole County
Qualifying agencies are urged to apply.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lorri Highet at Heart of Florida United Way by phone
(407) 835-0900, ext. 142 or email: email@example.com
The deadline for applications to be received is: Wednesday, June 21st by 4:30 pm.