What is Earned Income?
Who is a “qualifying child”?
What if I don’t have qualifying children?
Does filing for EITC affect eligibility for other public benefits?
What if I already filed my tax return for the year?
What do I need to bring to my tax preparation appointment?
Among other factors, you must have:
- Worked during the past year and earned income
- A valid Social Security number for each family member
- Joint tax-filing status (if married)
- U.S. citizenship or resident alien status all year, or be a nonresident alien married to a U.S. citizen or resident alien and file a joint return
- All forms, W-2s, and 1099s
- 1095 Health Insurance Statement
- Information about other income
- Information about all deductions/credits
- A copy of last year’s tax return (if available)
- Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (e.g., voided check)
- Social Security card or ITIN numbers for you, your dependents and/or spouse
- Photo identification for yourself and your spouse
To find VITA tax sites near you, call 2-1-1 or visit our VITA site.